Thursday, December 3, 2009

Holiday Party Invitations - (365 Cards Day 275)

I'm running a little late this year, but I did manage to get the invitations to my hubby's Staff Holiday Party completed and in the mail this week.

I think I might have spent as much time waiting in line at the post office, as I did making these invites. Note to Self: procrastinating is not a good idea!



Supplies: Solid & Swiss Dot Cardstock (Bazzill), Patterned Papers (Bo Bunny, Websters Pages & & Gypsies), Red Grossgrain Ribbon, Green Tulle, 2" Scallop Punch (EK Success). border Punch (Martha Stewart)


I broke out the sewing matching and added a little stitching. It was a bit tricky switching from straight stitch, to zig zag mid sew...but by the end of 12 cards, they were looking pretty good.

So sorry to the folks that will be receiving the first few that are not quite so pretty.



I printed up the "Party" sentiment on the computer, adding a polka dot circle border and punched them out with a 2" scallop punch. I used foam pop dots for some height. Added a ribbon (stapled to the edge for a little more detail) as well as some tulle for a little softness.

Inside the card reads: The cookies are all baked, the decorating is all done. Now it's time to sit, relax, and have a little Fun!

Right now my house is a complete disaster as I am in the middle of putting up the decorations. When my daughter read the inside of the invitation - she totally called me on it. "Mom, that's not true, you're not done decorating and we haven't baked even one cookie yet". My rational to her was that they would be done by the time the guest arrive - at least I hope so!

5 comments:

  1. Well I for one am super impressed. I just got cards ordered and am so pleased with myself for doing only that! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards!!! You really have a great eye for color and design.
    I have an award for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - this indeed fits the challenge and it is stunning in all its details :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful invite! I bet the party is going to be a blast!!!

    ReplyDelete