Monday, March 12, 2012

Project Life: Week 4 & 5

I've been having so much fun putting together our weekly Project Life pages. 

I usually spend a few hours on Sunday making most of the layout decisions and then throughout the week I finish my journal cards and embelish (if I have time).

I'm happy to say - I am pretty current (in real life).  I've just been delinquent on the Blog posting pics.

So let's try and catch up.


WEEK #4


Depending on how much time I have to spend on the layout - some weeks have more embellishments than others.


Bakers Twine and buttons tend to show up a lot.  They are quick and easy and add just enough texture without being too bulky.

I'm finding out what my "go to" things are with this process.  Even though I have lots of stuff pulled together in my Project Life Center - I seem to gravitate to my favorites.  

At first that concerned me - but now I realize it will make the book look cohesive, and I guess I'm discovering my own Project Life Style.


I currently only have a few rolls of Washi Tape - but I love how easy and versatile they are....so I'm hoping to get more.  Not only to coordinate with the PL colors...but just for fun.  Little K has discovered how great they are - so time to expand our assortment.  


WEEK #5


This week I broke out the stamps.  I've been seeing all the great journaling cards people are making, and I've got a pile of stamps that I think would work great, but I can't seem to find the time to "get ahead" and pre-stamp any.  So for now - I'm Stamping as I Go.

I particularly love this little bird cage. 


And it works great with all the outdoor photos from this week. 


Another flower stamp (keeping with the outdoor nature theme)  added to a journaling card that I printed on my computer.

I'm coming to terms with including my handwriting on the journaling cards.  If I had my choice - I would print them all using my favorite fonts, but each week, I'm pushing to include close to half of the journaling in my own (or a family members) personal handwriting.  
I know I'll be glad, later on, that I did. 


I love the idea of including mementos in this project, but I'm a bit afraid of how bulky the album could get. 

 I couldn't resist tucking in some beads from a Mardi Gras Dinner that we attended.  I will probably need to sew the pocket shut to keep them contained (it's taped for now). 

If you are on "instagram" I tend to be more current posting pics there.  If you want to follow along, you can find me as "Karina Minteer"


6 comments:

  1. Great project life pages! I love that first set with all the green, very pretty. And your new red flats are so pretty!! Hopefully after you break them in, there will be no more blisters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Washi tape too. I have been wanting some for different things around the house. My friend uses it to hang photos on her fridge. I love that idea.

    Your books are coming along so well. I just love them, and I love your creativity. Maybe it will rub off on me?! I'm glad you are showing us these. They are so great!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so so pretty. What a keepsake they will be. I never got into scrapbooking....although i would have loved to. :) I could spend hours looking at all the goodies, and i never even buy any of it.
    thanks for sharing these.
    have a happy day karina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really coming together nicely!! Have a great week!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhh...I'm on Instagram. Don't use it nearly as much as I thought I would, but we will have to hook up. I don't even know how though so here's me...

    mawlovesbsd

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete