Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Project Life: Week One

It's only Wednesday and I've finished Week One and I'm already Posting about it.  

Last year I did a good job keeping current (at least for the first 6 months) but never made time to upload/post/blog.  I've gotten so much inspiration form all the other PL participants - I'm committed to sharing my pics this year.  



I used only a few simple embellishments this week - mostly from the Studio Calico monthly kit.  Loving the transparent overlays.



Every year I like to keep the format of the Title Cards somewhat consistent throughout the album.  This year  I plan on using Thickers to call out the Weeks.  I won't necessarily use the same color/style each week, but the fact that they will all be dimensional, and directly placed  onto the Title Card will 
keep them unified.  


Close Up of the Left Hand Page.


One thing I consistently struggle with, is hand written journaling.  I know it's important to have my personal handwriting included as part of these memories...but I really don't like how it looks.  Mostly because I'm a terrible speller, plus if the words aren't positioned aesthetically on the card - it drives me NUTS (yes....I know I have issues).
I may have found a solution.  Instead of journaling in black or brown as I have done mostly in the past.  I used a complimentary (lighter) color.  Any mistakes that I don't like - blend into the page better - instead of Jumping Up and screaming...."Look at what a mess this is".  



Close Up of the Right Hand Page. 

I probably need more explanation of what's going on in these pictures, but instead of stressing about it - I forged ahead and completed the week with minimal journaling.  

There are 51 more weeks to go - plenty of time to write more later. 

2 comments:

  1. I had to come look on the bigger screen! Love, love it! The color combination looks wonderful! You did a fabulous job, Girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete