Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Project Life: Week 4

I feel like I am getting into a groove.  I'm finding a routine that works for me.  My goal is to be done and posted/blogged by Wednesday, even though I haven't made that schedule yet.

I think my downfall is that I'm not scheduling enough time on Mondays to work on Project Life.  I need to re-allocate time on my calendar.


The cards used this week were again from the Project Life Seafoam Core Kit and Studio Calico January Project Life Kit.

I am a big fan of Green and Orange (not just at Halloween time) so the colors in this layout make me happy. 
 

Left Hand Side of the Page.

 

Right Hand Side of the Page. 

 

Title Card using letter and number stickers, washi tape and jillibean soup labels.

 

I made a Flip Up Pocket showing several different views of an afternoon Shopping Trip with Little K. 


You can incorporate 3 different photos (or journaling) in the same space.
 

I made a "lift" tab from washi tape that I thought would show what to do.  My husband nearly tore the flap off as he tried to "pull"  the picture flap.  I'll be adding the words "lift" to that little washi tape tab.    

It's a great way to show the progression of a single event without taking up too many spots in your week.  

I first saw this idea from Barbara on Instagram.  She also did a tutorial on her blog.  

They are made using these clear adhesive backed flip pockets.  I should have thought thought it through a bit more before I stuck the flip pocket to the back of the page protector pocket.  It works great for this week, but in that spot next week (on the back side) you will be able to see the adhesive. 

Next time I'll get it right.  

I had some fun modifying one of the Seafoam 3 X 4 cards.  


The original card says "Remember This". 


I punched out just the word "this" and added some stickers to complete the phrase I wanted for this picture.  


I also used it on a picture of my husband.  I cut away the rest of the card and left a strip beneath the word "this" and again added my own phrase with stickers and embellishments.
(oops, looks like my picture is slipping out of the pocket - Hate when that Happens)

I wonder if this would be considered a Project Life Hack?

2 comments:

  1. Love the Seafoam kit - I used it for 2013. More great pages - love the flip up!

    Dawn
    dmg314

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome!!! Wish I could find some time to pull mine out and get started again. I think I'm just overwhelmed with where to start!! Have a great week!!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete